160 Get to Know Me Questions
Do you want to get to know someone better? Perhaps you’re working with a new group of people, and you want to build a sense of community with some ice-breaker questions? Or maybe you just want to participate in a “Get to Know Me Tag” with some fresh questions.
Whatever the case, these “get to know you” questions can help you start the conversation and keep it going. You can go through the different categories of get-to-know-me questions or randomly choose some to answer.
The list ranges from deep get to know you questions to more light-hearted ones. Remember, there are many benefits to being vulnerable – including stronger relationships, greater empathy, and increased self-acceptance. The more vulnerable you are, the more potential to build trust and belonging.
That being said, make sure you create an environment in which everyone feels comfortable sharing. Vulnerability is not full disclosure or forced shared. Nobody should feel obligated to share something they don’t want to.
These get-to-know-me questions can also serve as a great way to improve your self-awareness. Being self-aware is a never-ending process, and these questions to ask yourself can help you learn something new.
Get to Know Me Questions About:
- Funny Moments
- Love Life
- Random Things
160 Get to Know Me Questions: Ice Breakers for Every Occasion
- Where did you grow up?
- What did you do for fun as a child?
- Who was a role model in your life?
- Did you have any childhood pets?
- When you were young, what did you want to be?
- What family traditions were important to you?
- What was your favorite childhood memory?
- What was your favorite childhood possession?
- What challenges did you experience when you were young?
- What is a defining moment from your childhood?
Get to Know Me Questions About Interests
- What do you do for fun?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is something that you’re really passionate about?
- What is something you could spend hours doing?
- What is something you wish you did more often?
- If you had to watch a documentary, what would you want it to be about?
- What do you always have on in the background?
- How do you feel about travel?
- What is a guilty pleasure you enjoy?
- How have your interests changed over the years?
Get to Know Me Questions About Work
- What made you get into your field of work?
- How did you end up at your current job?
- What about your work gives you joy?
- What is something about your work that you find stressful?
- How passionately do you feel about your work?
- What do you want to be doing in five years? Ten?
- How have your career ambitions changed?
- What is one of your strengths?
- When have you been challenged the most in your professional life?
- How do you feel about the environment that you work in?
Get to Know Me Questions About Beliefs
- How comfortable are you sharing what you believe in?
- What is your political position?
- How has your political position changed over your lifetime?
- If you could change something about the country, what would it be?
- What is a fundamental principle that you believe everyone should adhere to?
- What makes you most angry?
- What do you wish you saw more of in society?
- How often do you question your viewpoints?
- What in your life has inspired your beliefs the most?
- How have your beliefs changed over time?
Get to Know Me Questions About Motivation
- What drives you out of bed each morning?
- What do you feel most passionate about doing?
- What goals do you have for yourself?
- What life events have helped shape your goals?
- How easy or difficult is it to motivate yourself?
- What obstacles get in the way of your motivation?
- What accomplishment do you feel most proud of?
- What do you want to accomplish before you die?
- What is something that fills you with purpose?
- When have you felt the most lost in life?
Get to Know Me Questions About Funny Moments
- What was an embarrassing moment that you experienced?
- What was your worst haircut?
- What is your worst late-night story?
- What is the most ridiculous thing that you’ve purchased?
- What is something you did when you were younger that makes you cringe to think about?
- How has your fashion sense changed over the years?
- What is the most adventurous thing that you’ve done?
- What was the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- What is something that always makes you laugh?
- When have you done something outlandish for what you usually do?
Get to Know Me Questions About Love Life
- What are you looking for in a partner?
- What is the most romantic thing you have ever experienced?
- What is the most romantic thing you have orchestrated?
- What does your ideal date look like?
- How many relationships have you been in?
- What drew you to your current partner?
- What are your beliefs about marriage?
- How has your idea of love changed over your lifetime?
- What do you think is the most essential quality in a healthy relationship?
- What is your love language?
Get to Know Me Questions About Parenting
- When did you know that you wanted to have children?
- How did you decide on the number of children to have?
- What similarities do you see between your children and yourself?
- What aspect of parenting gives you the most joy?
- What aspect of parenting gives you the most stress?
- How have you grown as a parent?
- What are your biggest hopes for your children?
- What are your biggest fears for your children?
- What is your parenting philosophy?
- What has parenting taught you about yourself?
Get to Know Me Questions About Relationships
- What relationships in your life are the most meaningful?
- Who in your life knows the most secrets about you?
- How open are you to making new friends?
- What do you think is an essential quality of a friend?
- Are you more extroverted or introverted?
- Which friend have you had the longest relationship with?
- How are your relationships with your coworkers?
- When you make social plans, who do you hang out with the most?
- Who is somebody that serves as a mentor for you?
- What relationships do you feel like you’re missing in life?
Get to Know Me Questions About Family
- What family member are you closest to?
- How close are you with your parents?
- How has your relationship with your parents changed over the years?
- What is one of the most important lessons that you learned from your family?
- When does your family cause you to stress?
- What does the word family mean to you?
- When you envision your ideal family, what do you see?
- How vulnerable is your family with each other?
- What is a family trait that isn’t necessarily the healthiest?
- What relatives had the biggest impact on you growing up?
Get to Know Me Questions About Habits
- What are some of your most productive habits?
- What unhealthy habits do you struggle with?
- When have you significantly changed your behaviors?
- What inspired a significant change in your life?
- What do you wish you did better?
- What habits have you continued since childhood?
- What does your typical morning routine look like?
- What daily rituals do you have that give you joy?
- How much do you prioritize health in your life?
- How important is exercise for you?
Get to Know Me Questions About Education
- Where did you go to college?
- What did you major in?
- What type of student were you in high school?
- How did you change as a student throughout your academic journey?
- What subject interested you the most?
- What’s the most interesting class you’ve ever taken?
- If you could redo a school experience, what would it be?
- How important is your education to you?
- What do you think needs to change about our current education system?
- How do you incorporate learning into your everyday life?
Get to Know Me Questions About Entertainment
- What do you watch on television?
- What is one of your favorite movies?
- If you could have free tickets to any event, what would it be?
- What is your favorite type of media?
- What role does music play in your life?
- What is one of your favorite books?
- How often do you watch sporting events?
- What would your ideal weekend getaway look like?
- Who are popular figures that you love to learn from?
- What celebrity would you love to meet in real life?
Get to Know Me Questions About Possessions
- What is your most valuable possession?
- If you could save three things from your home, what would you save?
- If you got stranded on an island with two things, what would they be?
- How often do you shop for new things?
- How easy is it for you to get rid of old possessions?
- What possessions fill you with joy?
- What is something that you paid too much money for but don’t regret it?
- What is something you use every day (or almost every day)?
- What do you wish you had?
- If you were given a $1,000 gift card, what store would you want it to be for?
Get to Know Me Questions About Mindset
- What is your general outlook on life?
- Are you more optimistic or pessimistic?
- What is your attitude when faced with a challenge?
- What is a limiting belief that has held you back in life?
- How open are you to learning new things?
- How often do you reflect in an attempt to grow?
- Where do you fall between a growth mindset and a fixed mindset?
- What is the most influential advice you’ve ever received?
- How much has your mindset changed?
- What defining experiences helped solidify your current mindset?
Get to Know Me Questions About Random Things
- If you wrote a memoir about your life, what would it be called?
- What fictional world would you want to travel to for a day?
- What room in your house most represents who you are as a person?
- How clean a person are you?
- What is a pet peeve that you have?
- What behavior do you do that is most likely a pet peeve to others?
- What phrase or word do you overuse when you talk?
- If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is something about your personality that you like? Don’t like?
- What would your friends be surprised to learn about you?
Interested in more questions? Subscribe below to receive 10 bizarre questions that will unlock your self-awareness. You can also choose a question from the list and comment below.
Want to test your self-awareness? Take my free, quick self-awareness quiz to see where you might be lacking self-awareness in your life.